What equipment do I need for this course?
To succeed, please, note that you need a computer, internet connection, a headset, and a webcam.
Who can participate?
To apply, you must have
1) a residence permit/decision letter showing Finland based on temporary protection and
2) English language skills, at least on CERF level B1 (you master the basics of English and can communicate in everyday situations with commonly-used expressions).
Does this preparatory course give me a right to study a degree programme in Finland?
No. Please note that the accomplishment of the preparatory programme does not give you a direct access to higher education degree studies. You must apply to degree studies through the normal application process. The programme will give you skills that are required to study an english taught degree programme in Finland, information about Finnish education system and different options you have if you wish to pursue further studies in Finnish higher education. This preparatory programme includes also career counselling and we can, for example help you to make an application and advise you on admission criteria for a specific degree programme.
I missed the deadline, do you accept late applications?
No. Unfortunately we only accept applications that have been submitted in time.
How many students will you take for this programme?
There will be 100 student places available in total:
- Group 1 Business Studies (25 student places);
- Group 2 Social Services and Health Care (25 student places);
- Group 3 Engineering (25 student places); and
- Group 4 Other (25 student places)
Who is Group 4 ‘Other non-field specific group’ meant for?
Group 4 is intended for those who are not yet sure in what field they would like to undertake higher education studies and for those who know what they would like to study but whose fields are not included in groups 1–3.
My bus will be late and cannot be there in time. What will happen if I will be late for Entrance Exam?
If you are late and the exam has already started, we are not able to allow you to undertake the entrance exam and you cannot be accepted as a student for this course.